Babbitt Bearing Reverse Engineering
A1 can reverse engineer most any babbitt bearing. In order to reverse engineer the bearing, we will need a sample, drawing or specification. You can also use our RFQ form that will help with the process.. Many of our customers need a quick turnaround to get their equipment back online, A1 specializes in fast, quick response and turnaround.
Our in-house machine shop also has the capability to do any special custom modifications that may be needed.
Whether you just need a Babbitt Bearing Insert or the entire assembly (bearing housing and bearing), we will do the complete manufacturing in our plant.
Babbitt Bearing Repair and Rebabbitting Services.
A-1 has repaired, rebabbitted and manufactured thousands of Babbitted Bearings. Whether you need just a new Babbitt Bearing Insert, the Bearing Housing or entire assembly, A1 can do it. All materials are ASTM non ferrous Babbitt Alloys. We can also manufacture custom Babbitt Bearings in other materials, such as Bronze.
Custom Babbitt Bearings
A1 is a leader in providing custom babbitted bearings manufactured to exact specifications. We can manufacture to almost any dimensional specification or tolerance that is required. The materials can be of ASTM B-23 or manufactured in other materials such as Bronze. Our in-house machine shop (link this to machining page) has the capabilities to manufacture the entire assembly including the bearing housing and special shapes.
All information is stored in our database for future repeat orders
Our in-house capabilities can manufacture bearings or rebabbitt the bearings with the following dimensions:
Inside Diameter: Down to 1/8” (.125”)
Outside Diamter: Up to 44”
Length: Up to 42” or more depending on bearing type
A1 Babbitt and Machine is also capable of providing onsite pouring of babbitt.
ASTM GRADE B-23 ALLOYS Used for Babbitt Bearings
A1 Babbitt also has the capability to Alloy most special Grades as well
Babbiting Services We Offer
Types of Bearings Repaired
Steel Rolling Mill
Tilt Pad Bearings
All Other Babbitted Bearings
Rebabbitting and Machining Procedures
1. Obtain all dimensions and inspect for any abnormal or noticeable damage of bearing shell and bearing surface.
2. Remove old babbitt and inspect bonding surface and bearing shell for any defects.
3. Prepare bearing shell prior to babbitting.
4. Cast Babbitt (spin, static, puddle, or tig weld)
5. Machine splits, assemble bearing, rough machine.
6. Ultrasonically inspect Babbitt bond.
7. Assemble bearing and finish machine bore and thrust faces.
8. Machine and drill oil reliefs, thermocouple and oil ports.
9. Prepare bearing for shipper. (deburr, assemble, paint)
10. Record all finished dimensions and file for future service.
11. Package and skid bearings.
12. Follow up with customer to ensure satisfaction.
Babbitt Bearing Reconditioning